Tips and tricks for a successful interview
Congratulations, you've been invited in for an interview! Something about your CV and the way you have presented yourself has felt like a good enough 'fit' to get you through the door.
Here's the most important thing to remember before you go through that door - they want it to be you! They want to know their search is over, so for the length of the interview,…
Pre-interview practical tips
Preparation is the name of the game when it comes to interviews. Time spent preparing for an interview is a worthwhile investment in you career. These tips might seem obvious at first but when feeling the stress you can easily forget the basics!
- Research the company thoroughly: their website, recent articles on the company, their products, size of the…
3 tips for building trust with your interviewer
Explaining what you can do for the company is important during your interview but so is building rapport with your interviewer. Here are 3 ways to achieve this:
- Mirror their body language - Even if you feel nervous, be poised and friendly. If the interviewer uses open body language leaning towards you or keeping their arms open do the same.
Sample interview questions and possible answers
There are a few basic questions that all interviewers ask to get to know you as a person and as a potential employee. Knowing what to expect will help to prepare concise and on-topic answers before the time giving you the edge on your way to your dream job.You as a Person
What are your interests? How do you spend your free time?
15 Interview questions to prepare for
Over the years we have collected popular interview questions and one of the best ways to feel confidence before a job interview is to formulate answers to common questions and practice before the day of the interview.
- When were you most satisfied in your job?
- What motivates you in a job and in your personal life?
- How do you handle…
What questions should I be asking in the interview?
Remember this: interviews are a two-way discussion. Most candidates dont realise that their interviewer not only welcomes questions but in fact expects them! By preparing questions that will gain you a thorough understanding of expectations and show your potential employer that you are interested in the company and the role. However there is a caveat; make sure they are…
How to conquer interview nerves
It may seem obvious, but the more you know, the less you'll panic. The more preparation you do, the more confidence you'll have. In this section we delve into one something almost all of us will experience at some point in our careers: interview nerves.
So where to start?
Do as much research as you possibly can on the company, the role and the hiring…
10 tips for your first 6 months
Congrats! You got the job! The first 6 months is make or break time in a new job so make sure they count.
- Start learning during the interview process. Why are they hiring for this position? What happened before? What will it take to succeed? What are the expectations for the person coming into this position? Can you talk to a friend that is also a customer?…